Nursery in Master Bedroom

Our family is growing and I have to admit, we are running out of space in our small home.

We have three bedrooms and a bonus room/office.

The bonus room, is used as our office/homeschooling room 
Bedroom #1 is used as our playroom/guest room
Bedroom#2 is the shared kids bedroom
Bedroom#3 is our master bedroom

With baby number three on the way, I knew right away that baby would share a room with us (since we co-sleep till up to 2 years anyways!) And then he will move into a room with the other kids. 
 I am hoping by then, we move to a bigger house so I get to have a boys and girls room and still get to have a play room. I love having all the toys in a separate room, it really keeps the mess contained. 

But anyhow,  since baby is sharing a room with us, I still wanted to create a "space" for him, but I didn't want to make my master bedroom look like a nursery. 

Here is what I came up with:



I really liked the old lay out, but I needed the crib to be next to me so I can keep an eye on baby (to make sure he is still breathing- you know how it is with a new baby) 
So we had to move things around to make room for the crib. 

The old layout

Here are more pictures what our master bedroom looks like now. 







Polka dot bedding is from Land of Nod
Chevron bedskirt is from Pottery Barn Kids



Cloth wipes in wipes warmer for cloth diapers (will wet them once we are ready to use cloth diapers)


Burp cloths and bibs

Disposable diapers for the first few days













Cloth diapers: one size and pre-folds and covers

Onsies, pants, socks, shoes and hats

Sweaters, outfits, pjs, receiving blankets, burp cloths and blankets



Thanks for visiting, 





15 comments:

  1. Wow - your drawers are SO organized!! I need to get little dividers like you have - baby items get out of control quickly. The room looks fantastic. It looks perfect where you have positioned the crib. Love the colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice! Good job! Cant wait to meet your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to ask this question when I posted a comment, do you like your Ikea daybed? Thinking of turning our guest room into play room for grand children .

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darling! We also have 3 kids in a 3 BR and have the new baby in our room. It isn't nearly as cute as yours! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your playroom is coming along beautifully. I love the colors you have chosen and the stripes on the walls. I also adore the nursery space you added to your master bedroom. Such a sophisticated nursery area that still allows the beauty of your master bedroom shine! Great job!

    - Tasha @ Designer Trapped in a Lawyer's Body {www.designertrapped.com}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- you did an amazing job of integrating the babies space into your bedroom with the gorgeous choices you made for bedding etc. - and the buntings are perfect. I love your use of colour Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great setup! You have made the most of your items and your space. Very comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby's space looks just lovely! I've always loved gray and yellow! So cheery yet subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness -- this is SO beautiful! I love how nicely the baby's things blend with the master. Great job! Stopping by from Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop.

    -Lindze @ Interior Fun ( www.interiorfun.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks AWESOME.

    and now i want another baby.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The room looks really great! You did such a good job of incorporating the nursery into the room. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and functional! I'm in love with your mirror and how its leaning...is it secured somehow? I'm a leaner and only recently began to worry as my 10 month old is getting around! Thanks for the inspiration! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful and functional! I'm in love with the leanng mirror! Im a "leaner" and only recently became concerned as my 10 month old is starting to get around...is there a way to secure leaning mirrors and frames? Need to look into that! Thanks for the inspiration! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. where did you get the storage side table between the crib and dresser?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so neat I love everything you are a superb decorater XOXO

    ReplyDelete